Job Opening at Church Hill Public Library
LIBRARY ASSISTANT I
NATURE OF WORK
Under the supervision of a Branch Manager, the Library Assistant generally works part -time, 16 hours per week or less, to include evenings and weekends, and performs a wide variety of basic public, technical and clerical services including circulation services, information and reference service, and basic reader’s advisory.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience: Library experience preferred but not required. Customer experience required.
Licensure: Must have a valid TN driver’s license and be and the ability to be insured at standard vehicle liability rates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (may include but are not limited to the following):
- Assists patrons.
- Provide a full range of circulation services, including patron registration and transactions.
- Perform library shelf maintenance tasks such as shelving.
- Provide basic reader’s advisory services, such as looking up authors and subjects.
- Provide information and reference service using print and online sources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Customer service skills
- Cooperative personality, good problem-solving skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for public service
- Takes initiative and demonstrates an eagerness to learn
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Knowledge of and willingness to support Hawkins County Libraries Vision and Mission Statement
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work all hours of library operation, including evenings and weekends
- Keyboard, word processing and database search skills
- Accuracy with details
- Strong time management skills
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to perform medium physical activity including lifting, bending, reaching, standing, and sitting.
To be considered for this position, applicants must:
- Submit an HCLS Application (can be picked up at Church Hill Public Library) or found here, along with a
- Cover Letter and a
- Place required documents in a sealed envelope and
- Mail to the Church Hill Public Library, Attention Branch Manager, PO Box 37, Church Hill, TN 37642, no later than November 3, 2022.
- Materials can also be submitted by emailing required documents to email@example.com
HAWKINS COUNTY LIBRARY SYSTEM IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER