H.B. Stamps Memorial Library
Addendum #2 to the Library Service Policy
In order to protect our genealogical collection and ensure that the materials will be available for other researchers, we have established the following rules.
- The Juno Altom Genealogy Room is kept locked at all times. Staff will open it to researchers during regular library hours.
- All who use the room must sign the register book, printing their name and address and signing to signify they agree to abide by the policy.
- The following materials and devices are permitted in the Juno Altom Room:
- Spiral or other bound notebook.
- Digital Camera/Cell phone
- Laptop Computer or similar device, flash drives
- The following and similar items are not allowed:
- Backpacks, purses, briefcases and totes.
- Ink Pens
- Loose Papers
- Coats may be hung on the coat rack outside the genealogy room. Other items may be left in your car or stored under the Circulation Desk. However, the library cannot be held responsible for items left under the Circulation Desk.
- Please ask for staff assistance in using the Microfilm Readers. With the ScanPro, copies can be made or information may be saved to a flash drive. No more than three rolls of microfilm may be used at a time. Staff must unlock the microfilm cabinet and each roll must be signed out. Staff must return the microfilm to the cabinet before more may be signed out.
- Patrons may copy materials, but all copies must be left at the Circulation Desk until the patron is ready to leave the library. It is the responsibility of the patron to comply with Copyright laws.
- The library reserves the right to make a visual search of notebooks as the patron leaves the genealogy room.
Adopted by the Hawkins County Library System Board of Trustees June 1, 2015.