Hawkins County Library System is partnering with the U.S. Census Bureau to jump start the hiring of 2020 Census workers. A Census recruiter will be at the libraries to assist in the application process. See below for more details. Check dates & times on our Events page.
Hiring Event Location, Days, & Times
H.B. Stamps (Rogersville) – Tuesdays & Thursdays 5 -8 PM
Church Hill – Mondays 5-7:30 PM & Tuesdays 10 AM – 1 PM
Surgoinsville – Mondays 1 – 4 PM & Fridays 2-6 PM
- The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring temporary workers in Hawkins County for the 2020 Census.
- Jobs will start after January 1st.
- The pay starts at $13.50 per hour, plus 58 cents per mile.
- Very flexible hours, perfect for students, retirees, at-home parents, or those wanting extra income.
- You may work between 20-40 hours per week, on a schedule of your choosing. Your schedule can change from week to week, allowing for your other job or family responsibilities.
- A Census recruiter will be available at Hawkins County Library locations to answer questions and help with the application process on the following schedule through the month of December (except for Dec. 24, when all libraries will be closed). See our Events page for dates.
- Veterans encouraged to apply- please bring a copy of your DD-214.